Friday, September 10, 2004

Frazer sound familiar to anyone?

Alrighty, so here's the scoop on class life here at X:

I've had one class with more than 30 people, but it wasn't a class, it was the pre-french evaluation test. So overall, tiny wee classes.

My first class was said french test, but it turns out that I'm a freaking genius and have to take French for people who have been in immersion...but really I havne't taken french since grade 9. So there, crazy Dr. Languille. Therefore I have no idea what my french professor is like, but given that it is one Dr. Martinez, I can only imagine.

I also haven't met my poli-sci prof, who is apparently away on vacation...figures.

Economics: There had been a little switch and my professor is now this guy named "Dr. Roberto Martínez Espiñeira." He says to call him "Rober." He talks like Antonio Banderas, which is consistently entertaining. But he is also pretty hilarious, which is good with a subject like economics that can potentially suck. I think I'll like his class. Note: his site is here: http://www.stfx.ca/academic/economics/ProfPages/EcoProfROBER.html

History: I have one Dr. Frazer, who is this really cool looking guy in the style of Mr. Loree. I love him already as this was his statement: I love history, but I don't know dates or people etc. That you can find in a book. I'm all about making connections. (That's pretty much verbatim, too.) Global kids getting deja vu? I sure did. He also has an interesting way of talking that makes me at least pay attention. But he loves his subject so I'm sure I will too.

Philosophy: Dr. Laura Byrne, NOT C. Byrne. She is this breathlessly excited woman who is strict, and long-winded. Her class will be hard, but she really likes philosophy...really REALLY likes it. So that'll be fun.

I also have exel, but that's not happening yet, so there.
AND french 115 has no lab...booyah!

Until next time,
Nat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home