Thursday, September 08, 2005

First Day of Classes, aka 'ohthankgod'

So, today was my first day of classes, and what fun it was.

I started by getting up at 10 and making coffee for Cindy and myself on her way out the door. Then around 11 I headed out to my first class: Canadian Politics with Dr. Douglas Brown.

Professor Brown was kinda cutesy, reminded me a lot of Mr. Riddell, for those of you who went to Innisdale. He told a self-depricatingly hilarious story of his life, and followed up by making all of us stand and say our names, 'homes' and general information. The course looks like it'll be interesting, focusing on intergovernmental relations and regionalism, etc. Brown seems like a reasonable guy who won't throw any suprises our way. (P.S. This is his first year at X, he came from Queen's.)

My second class (and last class of the day) was History of political thought, which will feature the memorable Dr. Dossa in the second term, but right now is taught by Frank Harrison, a fascinating and equally memorable guy. He is British, I think, sounds like a Liverpool accent. He talks in the third person a lot "Frank Harrison does this, that etc." and he likes swearing. He makes quasi-sexist jokes and claims to have raised two feminist daughters. In all, an odd guy...and I love his class. (P.S. His accent gives Rober's a run for it's money.)

Uh, that's all. Ben spent both classes puking cause he was hungover. Hah. I'm personally feeling like a nap is in order, but at least my stomach is reasonably settled. Great party last night though...legendary, even.

Hasta Luego,
Natalie

P.S. Quote of the day: "Well, thank you Augustine, You've made me happy today" -Frank J. Harrison

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home