Saturday, September 17, 2005

Saltwater?!?

So yesterday, pre-Ophelia (which I think is a great and apropos name for a hurricane, if we recall our Hamlet from high school) a bunch of us decided to take advantage of the heat and the sun and head out to the beach.

Firstly, this was the first time I'd been to see the ocean during the day, so everything was really exciting. Example:

"Wow...you can see forever!...Look at that cliff, it's so pretty! Hey, the seaweed looks like lasagna!"

So then the only other girl on this trip (Sinead? She pronounces her name "Shawn-id"...damned if i know how to spell it.) decide to go for a swim while the guys go skim-boarding. So I'm so excited about the sand and the freaky prospect of jellyfish that I just run into the water, pretty much equating it with Wasaga Beach this summer, except warmer. Yes, WARMER. Then, it happened.

Some water splashed up into my face.

It was salty.

YES, I KNOW that seawater is salty, but I didn't make the mental connection that this whole body of water that I was in would actually TASTE salty. It was just blowing my mind so much and all the other people who were there thought I was both highly amusing and partially retarded.

Hey, it was a nice swim though. No jellyfish, in case you were wondering.

We capped the night off with chinese food c/o Dave, lots of drinking games, some kareoke in the house, a trip to the Inn, back to the house for a Manitoba vs. Ontario debate (guess who won), and all decided to go to bed when some randos were PG-13-ing our living room. Bleh.

Hasta la Vista,
Nat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home