Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Rainy Days and Mondays

Well folks, the pathetic fallacy in the Nish today was blatant. Bush won the election, it rains all day.

Nope, not THAT rain, people. Nova Scotia rain. It's actually pretty different. I think the rain here is prettier. Sometimes it rains here and it's like a sunny mist. Pretty.

Also: Nova Scotia is the only place you'll see it raining and people walking around with their umbrellas closed. Walking home, I saw four or five people in such a state. However, by that point, I didn't think anything of it because I, too had my closed umbrella in hand, being soaked by rain. Why does this happen, you ask? Well...it's not because East Coasters are more tolerant of rain than us, it's because the wind is too strong for an umbrella to be anything but counterproductive.

So, rain is cool in Nova Scotia. Unless you're walking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home