Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Chomsky Day...A Review

I woke up this morning feeling groggy, but was shortly awakened by the thought that I was going to see Noam Chomsky.
Steve came and got me at about 4:00 and we proceeded to Immaculata Auditorium, which looks like it seats about 200 people. We were there about 3 and some change hours early, but the place was already half full. We ended up getting what were, at the time, the closest seats to Noam avaliable to the average Joes. (If Steve and I had held hands I could have touched Dr. Chomsky with my hand while Steve kept one foot on my chair.
Anyway, as some of you many know, I have been reading his new book. Well, if you'd like to get a longer version of the lecture,click here.

And aside from nearly falling asleep once because of his soothingly coarse texan accent, I found the whole thing to be cool, even if to me it was redundant. Also, I could look around the auditorium and scan for hot guys who must be interested in leftist politics...

Chomsky Quote of the day:

"I'm a conservative"

-Re: A kid who asked him what his tastes in music were.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home