Monday, September 27, 2004

Pope Mobile!



Oh, Religion.

Every morning when I walk to school, I am greeted by this guy...I call him Popey Mc Poperson, since everyone out here seems to be Scottish. He is one of the many religious statues around the campus.

There's Mary MacVirgin, who is situated in the lovely garden that is surrounded by "the Mount" (that which used to by MSB college)
And there are multiple statues of the patron saint of stark jewelery and beer-drinking college students: St. Francis Xavier. He's in front of Burke/Fraser/Plessis and the Library

Religion is a HUGE deal around there. The caltholic church holds a fair amount of sway, and I can honestly say I haven't ever had this many friends who "had to go to church" on Sundays. Holy hell....oh wait...probably not the best choice of words there.

Hmm.
I'm still learning...
NatPosted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home