Wednesday, September 22, 2004

My Plans to Marry

Well, I have officially decided that I have to marry a Spanish man...and here's why.

Other than my Philosophy class, where the prof takes attendance and my history class where there are regularly class discussions, the use of a student's name during class isn't really something that happens. And in economics, the prof hadn't ever said anyone's name...just comes in, lectures, leaves pretty much.

So today in the middle of class, he's talking and I have my head down, taking notes furiously. (okay, just taking notes...whatever.) And I shall write a script:

ROBER: blah blah blah? *asks potentially rhetorical question* Natalie?
*Natalie snaps her head up so quickly she accidentally writes on her pants, only to see that Rober is not actually looking at her.*
RANDOM GIRL: Wha?
ROBER: Are you Natalie?
R.G: Uh..no..?
*Meanwhile, Natalie is swooning over the Spanish pronounciuation of her name.*
ROBER: What about you? *Points to some girl*
R.G.2: Um...no.
ROBER: Isn't anyone in this class named Natalie?
NATALIE: *Swoon* Oh...me. *raises hand*

And so, after brilliantly answering the question, and recovering from excessive swooning, I was baffled about why he would address me so randomly. I stil don't know...but I'm definitely up for a vacation to Spain in the future.

-Nat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home