Thursday, September 29, 2005

The Story of: The Mull River Shuffle

Well, I'm just killing some time on campus, and I thought I'd write about something that has come up a lot lately. It's a song by the Rankin family called 'The Mull River Shuffle'.

If you haven't heard of the song, you have to read the lyrics before reading the rest of this...

Okay, so the people of Antigonish LOOOOVE this song. Like, with a passion. At the Christmas ball they played it twice, for goodness sakes. The people of Cape Breton (where I believe the Rankins are from) also love this song, but I only found that out today...

In the lounge these kids start talking about which of them actually likes the Mull River Shuffle the most. It gets heated, and it finally comes out that some of the kids actually KNOW, (like for real) the famed "Mister Macneil" and Old MacPhee.

THIS, my friends, blows my mind.

Like, I was excited when I stood on the corner of Hollis and Morris street in Halifax. (Which, incedentally, is kinda gross) These people know people from a song the likes of which Antigonish has never seen before.
It's legendary.

And I was Jealous.

That is all for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home